Never again will you have to choose between being well-dressed or being well-grounded.
Business formalwear for the fashionable techno-maven: Prototype anti-static necktie.
Dress for success? or dress for working with electronic components? Now you can do both. This revolutionary anti-static necktie lets you safely handle sensitive circuitry with the confidence that comes from knowing you aren't just projecting an image-- you've also got the tools to repair the projector.
A small wire runs the length of a standard necktie, terminating in a socket (or series of sockets for ease of adjustment) near the middle. An electrode attaches to the socket by means of a plug and wire arrangement, it feeds through the front of the shirt and is attached to bare skin with adhesive. At the large end of the tie hangs an alligator clip for grounding.
detail 1: electrode
detail 2: grounding clip
- Quick-connect to EKG monitor, Galvanic Skin Response bio-feedback device, or experimental game controller.
- Weight of grounding clip prevents "Dilbert Effect" when rushing to put out fires. In extreme conditions (gale force winds, high-speed criminal pursuit, etc.), additional stability may be obtained by attaching clip firmly to belt.
- Our field testers report that they get along better with tattooed and pierced co-workers when they wear the anti-static necktie.
- Do not attach grounding clip to voltage source.
- Disconnect from ground before leaving work area.
- Do not attach to moving objects. In particular, avoid grounding to people or animals, as they have a tendency to react suddenly when connected to clip.
- Some social situations do not call for neckwear. When in doubt, consult a family member or trusted colleague.